Sunday 9 June 2013

On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5) by Karina Halle



When the life you wanted has crumbled beneath your fingers, there’s nothing left to do but pick up the pieces and soldier on. You’ve done this before.

But what happens when you no longer feel like yourself anymore? When fires spontaneously start-up around you, when you hear growling coming from underneath your bed, and you no longer recognize your face in the mirror. What happens then?

Ghost-hunter Perry Palomino doesn’t have much time to find out. Now, the evil she used to hunt is a lot closer to home. It’s inside of her, taking over her life bit-by-terrifying bit, and there’s only one person who can help her.

If part of her doesn’t kill him first.
  • Genre: Paranormal Romance, Horror, Supernatural, Mystery
  • Creatures:  ghosts and demons 
  • Age: new adult/ adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from June 06 to 07, 2013

And the Buddy Read continues with the great Vilda!!

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★






KARINA HALLE, YOU ARE HORROR QUEEN, QUEEN OF SCARING THE **** OUT OF ME!! ( i will leave **** to your imagination, since it can be anything)

This woman, is the definition of horror! I have never been so scared to read a book!

It's one hell of a ride, emotional to the core and fantastic!!!!And "On Demon Wings" just became my favorite book of all EIT books that are out. I cried, i laughed, i was horrified and i was scared.





STORY:



This story is twisted, shocking, horrifying, and hellish journey into madness....of our dear heroine... Perry Palomino.


This story begins several months after the devastating trip to the Seattle...

 



Ever since Seattle I’d been dealing with the restlessness I used to get, that nagging urge to be anywhere but here. I felt lost and directionless and my mind always wanted to go back to the happier times, the times when I felt everything was possible. But it wasn’t that way and I had to keep my eye on the prize. I needed to move out, move far away, and start finding myself all over again. My life had reverted to the way it was before I met Dex in that lighthouse. Though, perhaps I was a bit wiser.

Perry is falling appart... She is becoming someone else... someone angry... bitter... devastated... and utterly broken...

 


And she used to feel alive...

 


But she slowly loses control of her emotions, of her life...



“Perry, we all just want to help you.”

That’s what they always said. Everyone always wants to help but no one ever wants to believe me.

Dex is gone... she cannot comprehend... she can't cope with it...And her demons are slowly .... taking control.

 


She feels like she is drowning... But her demons know how to swim...

 


___________________________________________________________

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● 
____________________________________________________________

This book changed everything we knew about EIT universe ... It revealed the ugly truth and it revealed so many things that were forgotten... This book was completely and utterly devastating. And with each page, my heart broke into pieces...

Some of the old characters return, and some of them are absent... Some will annoy you, some will make you despise them and some you will love...

Major spoilers, please DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOK:

(spoilers begin)
I cannot believe how Max treated Perry... like she was crazy and he didn't believe her, despite everything that he had seen. God it makes me wish that something would happen to him in the next books. Because it broke my heart to see what he did to Perry... (including sleeping with her T_T)... And then labeling her as a crazy woman...

I knew Perry was possessed by a demon, but i didn't expect that Abby was in there too... It was so painful to read about all she had done, and miscarriage she had... oh god, it was so horrifying and shocking and mad!!!!!

And Dex...he redeemed himself in this one... I forgave him completely and utterly and i love him way to much :D

Dex still didn’t turn around. He shook his head from side to side so his hair flopped back and forth. “So that’s it. It has one ex-girlfriend of mine. And it’s not satisfied. It wants the only person left on this earth that I...that I’d do anything for. Just throw her into the pot, who cares. I lost her once, I cannot lose her again.” Dex’s voice cracked and split with anger.

I think i know the reason why he did what he did at the end of previous book, and i forgive him completely... and i am glad Perry did too.

“Perry,” he said quietly, his fingers trailing down the side of my face, “you’ll never have to save my life. You gave me life. I never lived a single day until the day I first met you.”

I had quite a good idea for the identity of Creepy Clown Lady, and i was right...
(end of spoiler)


OVERALL:


This series... is one of the best series that i have ever read. Because it's is so well done, and because the books get better and better. I never expected to love these books so much, but here i am... loving it :)


Our hearts are magnets.





MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS

You can also check out my wonderful co-blogger's review:

Georgia's Review

 


No comments:

Post a Comment