Monday 24 June 2013

Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6) by Karina Halle




Perry Palomino has fought her demons – and won – but the battle is far from over. She’s now left broken and on her own, leaving behind her life and family in Portland to focus on giving Dex Foray – and the Experiment in Terror show – a second chance. 

But their past mistakes continue to tease and test their relationship, as does the wild and desolate terrain of the Canadian Rockies.

The snow-covered peaks and ravenous forests hide an urban legend too unbelievably frightening to be true and the only way the duo has a chance of surviving is if Perry can let in the very man who sent her to hell and back.

Vilda and i continue this awesomeness :D Mwahahaha!!
  • Genre: Horror, Supernatural, Mystery, Paranormal Romance
  • Creatures:  ghosts, sasquatch/bigfoot 
  • Age:  adult /new adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from June 14 to 16, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★



I don't know if i have said this before, but i officially love Karina Halle.
This woman is just amazing writer and she always captivates me with her books. Into the Hollow did not disappoint. This series is an addiction - because of deep character development and great story. And with all surprises it gives, EIT easily became one of my favorite series ever.

Well, ideally, this book will make you feel (probably in this order):

  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


CONCLUSION:



STORY:

So... what do we have here? We have seen skin-walkers, ghosts and demons and now we have a mystery of Bigfoot/Sasquatch.

 


A cabin in the woods?

 

 
 


Few Llamas?

 

 
Team EIT?



  
__________________________________________________________________

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
__________________________________________________________________

Dex and Perry have changed.

Perry is emotionally devastated... and as much as she hates to admit it, she still loves Dex.

While Dex changed because he wants to be a better person. For Perry.

He lowered his head. “I was trying to be a better man, Perry. For you.”
I shifted in my seat. “Dex…”
“And I’ll keep trying,” he quickly said, voice low and somber. “Until I get it right.”

After the events of On Demon Wings, Perry is freaked out, her parents think she is crazy... So she decides to go away. And Dex suggests that she goes to Seattle and move in with him, which she accepts.

And once again, they return to the show, and this time Perry is the cameraman while Dex is the one leading the episode.

Dex tries to win Perry over, but it's not an easy job, because Perry is stubborn as hell and she cannot forgive him - she is still angry at him for what had happened and she cannot forget.

He took in a steadying breath and let his eyes fall shut. “For the last couple of weeks, you’ve been doing everything you can to spear me, to make me hurt. And if you keep on thinking that nothing can hurt me, well then maybe you don’t really know me at all. You’re not just hurting me Perry, you’re killing me.”

But, there are more important things now... is the Bigfoot/Sasquatch a real monster...or is it just a hoax?

Oh. Fuck.
“Uh…” I started, my mouth flapping uselessly.
Dex sighed. “I suppose we’ll just have to go around this motherfucking thing now.”
“Uhhhhh,” I tried again. “Oh shit. Dex. Shit.”
He finally brought his attention to me, folding his arms across his chest. “What is it?”
I wiggled the paper in the air. “Shit, fuck, shit.”
“Oh really?”

I didn't think it was possible to love Dex more than i loved him then, but it is true. He did become a better person and i admire that. Perry on the other hand became more frustrating because her thinking has been clouded by emotions and she doesn't know what to do with herself. Maximus as always continued to irritate the hell out of me, while Ada proved to be fantastic support for them all. I love Ada.♥

OVERALL:


This was another great installement in the series. Not as scary as the previous books, but still scary anyway. This one is lighter comparing to the previous two books, but it was still a great read. Can't wait to read the rest :)

“This is me trying, Perry,” he said softly, the anger being drained of his face. “This is me taking my heart out of my chest and putting the bloody mess in your hands. I can’t give you much more than that.”

“You,” he said slowly. “You’re the light. You’re my light.”



MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS

You can also check out my wonderful co-blogger's review:

Georgia's Review

 


No comments:

Post a Comment