Thursday 23 May 2013

The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5) by Julie Kagawa


 
Enter the world of the internationally bestselling Iron Fey series. Dangerous faeries. Heartbreaking romance. Thrilling action and limitless adventure. The world of the fey has never been so powerful. This collection includes three novellas set in the world of the Iron Fey plus the Guide to the Iron Fey with exclusive information about Julie Kagawa's unforgettable world of Faery. 

Winter's Passage
Never make a promise to a faery. They always come to collect. Now Meghan Chase must fulfill her promise to Prince Ash of the Winter Court and embark upon a dangerous journey into the heart of enemy territory—while being pursued by a relentless new foe and guarding her own foolish heart.
 
Summer's Crossing

What can turn enemies into reluctant allies? A call from the Exile Queen, Leanansidhe, ties legendary prankster Puck to his archenemy, Prince Ash, on a journey that may end in betrayal and will set them both on an irreversible path.

Iron's Prophecy

Before she ever knew what she might become, Iron Queen Meghan Chase was warned by the oracle that her firstborn child would bring nothing but grief. And even as Meghan and Ash celebrate their long-awaited union, the prophecy stirs.…

Three Iron Fey novellas for the first time in print!

  • Genre: Fantasy, Contemporary,Urban fantasy, Magic, Paranormal, Romance, Supernatural
  • Creatures: faeries
  • Age: mature young adult
  • Note: Anthology or short stories
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from May 09 to 19, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★☆/★★★★★



FIRST OF ALL:  I would really suggest that you read these specials in their right order. And to read them too, without skipping because these short stories impact the main plot and it will make you understand some things later on.
There were some interesting information about the world building and customs and characters and it was fun to read about. I love Julie Kagawa and her talent for writing :D

WINTER'S PASSAGE

Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl..until she discovered that she is really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck--Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon--who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey.
Yet Meghan and Ash's detour does not go unnoticed. They have caught the attention of an ancient, powerful hunter--a foe that even Ash may not be able to defeat....

FINAL RATING: ★★★/★★★★★



Oh Ash... *sigh*... he is amazing ♥



This short story is kind of necessary for the series because it shows in a way how Ash feels and all dread Meghan has to face now + there is something vicious stalking them...and it will be important later in the series.

Basically the synopsis is enough to tell you what is going on, but still... It's worth reading :) I kind of miss Puck by now and i hope he is going to return in all his glory ASAP.


Now,onto the next book :D


 SUMMER'S CROSSING

 A Midsummer's Nightmare? Robin Goodfellow. Puck. Summer Court prankster, King Oberon's right hand, bane of many a faery queen's existence—and secret friend to Prince Ash of the Winter Court. Until one girl's death came between them, and another girl stole both their hearts.
Now Ash has granted one favor too many and someone's come to collect, forcing the prince to a place he cannot go without Puck's help—into the heart of the Summer Court. And Puck faces the ultimate choice—betray Ash and possibly win the girl they both love, or help his former friend turned bitter enemy pull off a deception that no true faery prankster could possibly resist.

FINAL RATING: ★★★★/★★★★★





I really loved this one. This time, the story is told by Robin "Puck" Goodfellow. I always loved Robin, he was always the bright side of the story... And everyone keeps ignoring him :(... And this time, we finally find out his real feelings towards Meghan, and it makes me sad that he never even had a chance.

“I was here for Meghan. Because I loved my princess and I wanted her to be happy. Even if her happiness meant she was with someone else. Even if that someone else was my arch rival. I wanted her to be happy.”


“Because. He fell in love with my princess.”

Damn, Puck, i just wanna hug you!



And his relationship with Ash...priceless. I say they make better couple than any of them with Meghan, hahahahah xD

“Of course, when poking the Winter prince,one had to proceed with caution. There was a fine line between irritation and having icicles hurled at your face.”

And Puck's comments are priceless too. *swoons*


Anyway, as for the rest of the story... it was interesting, it made my heart stop and so on and on... You get the idea. I loved it. And it was better than the Winter's Passage. And it is kind of necessary for reading the next book: The iron Knight, so i suggest reading it ♥


“I would be more than her guardian and her champion and the jester who made her laugh. I would be her everything, if I could.”
“Ash sighed. "Don't say anything, Goodfellow."
"What? Me?" I grinned at him. "Say something? I'm not the type who would point out that, for once, this absurd situation isn't my fault. Of Course, I know better than to make deals with crazy Exile Queens with goddess complexes. And if I did, I would expect them to call in the favor at the worst possible time. But I'm certainly not one to rub it in. That would just be wrong."
Ash pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm beginning to regret inviting you."
"You wound me deeply Prince."
“Ash shook his head, but I saw the shadow of a smirk on his face. “You know I'm probably going to kill you soon, right?” he muttered as we headed off into the trees.
“Old news, ice-boy.” I chuckled, falling into step beside him. “And you know I wouldn't miss it for the world.”



IRON'S PROPHECY


 Meghan Chase is finally getting used to being the Iron Queen, ruler of the Iron Fey. Her life may be strange, but with former Winter prince Ash by her side at last, she wouldn’t have it any other way.
But when they travel to the Summer and Winter courts’ gathering for Elysium, the oracle from Meghan’s past returns with a dire prophecy: “What you carry will either unite the courts, or it will destroy them.” Now Meghan faces a devastating choice that may determine the future of all fey—and her and Ash’s unborn child…

FINAL RATING: ★★★☆/★★★★★




Mortals! Yes, I am talking to you as a mortal myself! As someone who completed the journey to Nevernever, I have a warning to make:
- Those who have read this may know everything and nothing about 
The Lost Prince.
- Those who are interested in completing this journey and start a new one should see the contents of this book.
- Those who do not wish to venture further into Nevernever, should never read the book.
- And those who are interested in the future of 
The Lost Prince, should read the book when they complete the journey of the Prince, lest you know everything.

You have been warned.


“So, what's the big emergency, princess? You and ice-boy look fine to me, and the Nevernever isn't crumbling around us. What's going on?"
"I'm pregnant, Puck," I said quietly, and watched his eyebrows shoot into his hair.


Wow, making warnings is not as easy as it sounds! Takes a lot of time and energy to declare one. Anyway, let’s move on.


“Well,” Puck said cheerfully, forcing a rather pained smile, “it’s just like old times, isn’t it? You, me, ice-boy, the future of the Nevernever hanging in the balance…we just have to wait for Furball to show up and then it’ll be perfect.” “He is already here, Goodfellow,” came a familiar voice behind us, sounding bored and offended all at once. “Where he has been for much of the conversation, waiting for you to see past the end of your nose.” “Yep.” Puck sighed as we all turned to face Grimalkin. “Just like old times.”


I have to say that I really missed Meghan. Especially now since she finally grew up and is not that naïve or weak as before. I am almost proud at her!

“I'm sorry. But I am the Iron Queen, and you are in my way.”


Ash ……. Sigh…. I still like him (dammit) even after all he did…

“Sorry to wake you, but we have to be somewhere soon, remember?"
Ash grunted and, to my surprise, shifted to his back and put the pillow over his head. "I don't suppose I could convince you to go without me," he groaned, his voice muffled beneath the fabric. "Tell Mab I've been eaten by a manticore or something?”
Why didn't you get eaten T_T


Puck … I missed him so much and especially his awesome sarcasm :D

“If we all end up as llamas, I’m going to spend the rest of my life following you around saying ‘I told you so’ in llama-ese.”




The journey may have ended for Meghan, Ash & Puck, but the new journey begins with the Call of the Forgotten . Venture in it if you are ready!

p.s.


"So, it's the ever so popular Firstborn Child of Doom prophecy, huh, ice-boy? How very cliche. Why can't it be the third nephew twice removed who's fated to destroy the world?”
I agree Puck... :D


 my review on Goodreads for Winter's Passage (The Iron Fey #1.5)  

my review on Goodreads for Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5)  

my review on Goodreads for Iron's Prophecy (The Iron Fey, #4.5) 


No comments:

Post a Comment