Saturday 25 May 2013

The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7) by Karina Halle




The truth is out there...

The Dex-Files is a compilation novel that accompanies the Experiment in Terror Series and is not to be-read as a stand-alone. In the Dex-Files we find a variety of scenes and chapters from the enigmatic Dex Foray's POV from books #1-6 in the series.
Some of these scenes have been previously published, albeit from Perry's POV, while other scenes are completely new.

In addition to it not being a stand-alone, the novel also contains some major spoilers and should be read only by those who have read all the published books in the series.
  • Genre: Horror, Supernatural, Mystery, Paranormal Romance
  • Age:  adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • note: short story 
  • Read from February 19 to 21, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★★/★★★★★



★STARS★STARS★STARS★STARS★STARS★STARS★STARS★STARS★
ATTENTION: You are about to enter the crazy-ass world that is Dex Foray's mind. Prepare for the ride of your life...

My name is Dex Foray and I’m a hypocrite. Proud of it, too.
 
The highly anticipated novella in the Experiment In Terror series from Dex' POV, absolutely freaking delivers everything we hoped.

Heartbreaking,
I was head over heels in love with her. No, that didn’t describe it. I was tear my fucking heart out and throw it at her, beg her to take it into hers. I was falling from the greatest heights with no safety net below. I was giving everything of my own life for hers, giving up every inch of my soul so she could wear it proudly. I was a former king on my knees in front of the queen. A jester begging for a chance. I was powerless, helpless and at her mercy.

Funny,
It sounded like a cat being raped by a sad monkey; pained, terrified and sad.

Snarky and sarcastic,
I liked staring into her eyes as much as I liked staring at her boobs. 

Painful and embarrasing, ridiculous, sexy and impossibly romantic.
She was mine. For the sake of appearances, she was my wife, but she was mine anyway. She didn’t know it yet, but I did. It was wrong and it made no sense, but she belonged with me. No one else, not any-one else.
 

 Sweet mother of God... I'm completely in love!!!


This book sheds a whole new light in the series, completes its mythology, answers questions, teases us mercilessly and completely breaks our heart with the truth about Dex' past.


Being in his mind is thrilling and exciting. We can finally understand his motives and actions and you can't help but fall for him. Harder...

And when it is finally revealed, what really happened in Lying Season... OMG!! *explosion*
 

Karina Halle adapts her lyrical style of writing to fit the alpha male mentality. Blunt and crude, it's like Dex' baritone caresses your ears.



 If the Old Blood novella, committed the readers to this series, The Dex-Files solidifies our love affair with these books. A treat and a gift to all of us fans.





A million times THANK YOU!!



MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment