Thursday 28 March 2013

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare




Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.

A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan.

He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.
  • Genre: Paranormal, Steampunk, Supernatural,Historical & Paranormal romance
  • Creatures: angels, vampires, demons, warlocks and witches 
  • Age: young adult
  • Source: owned ebook 
  • Read from March 20 to 22, 2013

FINAL RATING: ★★★★★/★★★★★


You are not the last dream of my soul.
You are the first dream, the only dream I ever was unable to stop myself from dreaming. You are the first dream of my soul, and from that dream I hope will come all other dreams, a lifetime’s worth.

My feelings. I can not. Seriously. I wish i couldn't feel anything. Seriously. This was so beautiful...beautiful conclusion to the series i love, and will love forever. I think Cassandra Clare became a great writer, for making me cry and scream and rage and smile and laugh so many times. It's a roller coaster of emotions and i am proud that i have ridden it.

“We are Nephilim. We believe in legends, in myths. All the stories are true."

This story began as not so special, but i fell in love with the world, i fell in love with the characters, i fell in love with their love triangle, i fell in love with Tess, Will & Jem, Gideon, Gabriel, Charlotte, Henry, Cecily, Sophie, Magnus, and everyone else - and i am sad that this journey ends. Ending was perfect - and the epilogue made me cry and smile - and left such a strong impact on myself and on my emotions. Not to mention numerous plot twists! Some of them i expected but some of them were quite blow-me-away type. This is a book i hope i will never forget - for this story is definitely one of my favorites ever!

“Life is a book, and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read. I would read them together with you, as many as I can...”

Jem, Tessa and Will make the best love triangle ever.......


CHARACTERS:


Tessa:

Oh, that wonderful and annoying girl. I love her so much - she is lovely, she is nice and wonderful and she has to hide the fact that she loves them both... My heart broke because of her lies toward Will, of her hiding the truth, and i love how she loves them both...

Will:

That wonderful soul! That hilarious character! The same and only unforgettable Will. Sarcastic as always, he made me smile so many times, and i am so happy that he finally got out of the shell he created for himself believing his whole life in a lie. I felt so many emotions concerning him - my heart broke as many times as his did...

Jem:

Wonderful soul, part 2...Engaged to Tessa, Jem struggles to be as alive as he can be, he doesn't wish to die, he doesn't want to leave both Tessa and Jem... He is one of the beautiful souls, and if i say anything more i will.........

EVERYONE ELSE:

i was happy that so many couples ended together...They deserved it. I found a great respect for two characters in this book: Gideon and Gabriel; they proved to be beyond of what i had imagined. Cecily was quite getting on my nerves, but i eventually started liking her. I didn't like how she didn't understand what Will was going through, but she did later :)...P.s. i ♥ Magnus :)


CONCERNING THE END: *spoilers - serious spoilers*:


(spoiler begins)
-The epilogue killed me. To read about Will's life at the end, before he died of old age ripped me apart.
-I also cried when i read that they named their oldest child James.
-It had ripped me apart to know that Jem became a silent brother, but it turned out to be quite good since he finally has a chance with Tessa.
-I feel sorry for Tessa, she is immortal and the only two people she loved are not. She spent Will's life with him, and now she has opportunity with Jem. One can love two hearts equally, if they all agree with it. Jem and Will and Tessa are unforgettable!
-Will and Tessa had SEX @_@

AND IN THE END - I AM HAPPY THAT TESSA WAS WITH BOTH OF THEM!

(spoiler ends)


OVERALL:



Our hearts, they need a mirror, Tessa. We see our better selves in the eyes of those who love us.

This book will make you cry, scream, rage, laugh, smile. It's an unforgettable journey that i do not regret taking!

We all have our secrets that we keep because we do not want to hurt the people who love us.

MY REVIEW ON GOODREADS 


1 comment:

  1. I have a physical copy of this book (series) I will start reading them right away :) .

    Amazing review :) ...

    ReplyDelete